Electrical and plumbing permits are required for the safety and protection of the community.

Electrical Permits

Required for:

  • New Outlets or Lights (Interior and Exterior)
  • Panel Changes
  • New, Temporary or Upgrades to Service
  • Directly Wired Smoke Detectors

Electrical permit applications must be signed by the Registered Supervising Electrician who must be licensed and bonded with the Village.

Plumbing Permits

Required for:

  • Bathtub/Shower Replacement
  • Boilers and Heating Units
  • Sewer Repairs and Clean Outs
  • Drain Tile (Interior and Exterior)
  • Garbage Disposal Units
  • Hot Tubs, Jacuzzis and Spas
  • Installation of Chemical Dispensers
  • Interior Piping Changes
  • Lawn Sprinkler Systems
  • New/Additional Sinks
  • Relocating Fixtures
  • Sewer Service Changes and Sewage Disposal Systems
  • Fire Sprinklers
  • Street or Parkway Openings
  • Sump or Ejector Pumps
  • Swimming Pools
  • Water Service Changes

Plumbing permit applications must be signed by the Registered Supervising Plumber who must have a current State of Illinois Plumbing License.

A Letter of Intent is required with all plumbing permit applications. The letter shall be written on the licensed plumber of record's business stationary and shall include the license holder's signature and corporate seal, if applicable. If there is no corporate seal, the letter must be notarized.

Plumbers performing excavation work must be licensed and bonded to perform such work with the Village of River Forest.